Job no: 493819
Work type: Casual, Contract, Full time, Part time
Location: Melbourne - Northern Suburbs
Categories: Trades and Services
Citywide is a company with a clear purpose and mission – we shape liveable cities by delivering the full scope of civil infrastructure, open space and environmental services to government and private enterprise. Collectively, our services positively impact more than 12 million Australians every day.
About the Role
The primary purpose of this role is to deliver the full scope of tree maintenance services. You will be joining a team who undertakes detailed condition audits, offers technical advice. From tree selection and planting to delivering scheduled maintenance and reactive requests, Citywide maximise the life of trees and parkland. In this position you will be responsible for tree management and maintenance (pruning; tree removal; travel tower work (EWP); electrical line clearance; operate chipper, and stump removal) which will meet the standards set as per the contract Division
- Ensure work area is safe
- Drive and maintain heavy equipment in safe and professional manner (trailer mounted machine, light trucks, tip-truck)
- Perform all aspects of tree maintenance/replacement works as required
- Look out for safety of self and others
- Maintain and wear PPE
- Actively participate in the development of a culture based around values of teamwork, collaboration, respect
- Actively participate in the development of a High Performance Safety Culture through the adoption of the Behaviours of Safety Leaders'
- Foster a “one company” approach with individuals recognising and taking responsibility for their part
- Provide strategic direction, manage and lead all operational activities in the team
- Certificate III in Arboriculture
- Current MR licence
- Chainsaw Licence
- Certificate II ESI
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Ability to work safely & promote safety in the workplace
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a team
- Experience dealing with customers, clients and members of the general public.
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
In return we offer:
- The job security that comes with our list of long-term contracts
- The chance to make an impact in a rapidly expanding company
- The opportunity to further develop your skills in a strong, supportive environment
- A workplace that focuses on safety first
- A company with a culture of teamwork and respect
Citywide is an equal opportunities employer, we invite applications from all backgrounds
How to apply:
Send your CV and cover letter detailing how your experience fits our requirement through our website http://www.citywide.com.au/people-careers
A full drivers licence and good driving record is essential. Reference checks, driver demerit check, police check and medical, including drug and alcohol testing are all pre-employment requirements for Citywide.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. No (search) fee will be paid in the event we hire a candidate whose resume is submitted by an employment agency to any of our employees without a valid written recruitment agreement. Such resumes shall be deemed the sole property of Citywide.
*Please note only successful applications will be contacted.*
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend