Job no: 494149
Work type: Full time
Location: Melbourne - Northern Suburbs
Categories: Trades and Services
Citywide is responsible for constructing and maintaining many prominent parks, gardens and street scapes. Our Landscape team undertake a number of projects including park upgrades, playground installations, concreting, paving and streetscape upgrades.
Due to an increase in new projects, we are currently recruiting skilled Landscape Supervisors to join our team and be part of our growth. With values of quality, pride and integrity; the successful candidate will lead a team of employees and contractors to manage the construction of local government parks across metropolitan Melbourne.
About the Role:
Working in our Landscape Team you will Lead and manage operations of an assigned work contract safely, and in ways consistent with client and company expectations, strategic goals and corporate vision.
The successful candidate will be provided ongoing support and training to enhance their skills and develop their career.
- Accountable for the safe operation of the work contract;
- Ensure all project objectives (including change in scope) are managed efficiently and effectively to meet time and budget constraints;
- Manage team to ensure an efficient and effective service is provided;
- Ensure all employee issues are identified and actioned in a timely manner;
- Identify potential project impacts and escalate appropriately to the Project Manager.
- Ensure all assets are maintained and utilised in accordance with the fleet scheduling systems and policies;
- Be able to respond to afterhours request from Project Manager and clients.
- Act as a designated Subject Matter Expert in Landscape and civil landscape construction and project management.
Skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years experience. Experience in commercial and/or local government preferable however not a prerequisite.
- Cert III qualified in Landscape Construction or equivalent qualification preferable
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills required to build relationships and deliver excellent customer service
- Ability to read and interpret plans and contract documentation
- Basic understanding of site engineering, including set out of surfaces, structures and drainage levels.
- Good time management skills that result in timely management of tasks in order of priority
- Hands on experience in areas such as paving, concreting, irrigation, carpentry, plumbing, horticulture, walling etc.
- Strong understanding of and demonstrable experience in proactively leading a positive safety culture
- Experience in understanding, operating within, and reporting on budgets, including ability to provide estimates to Project management
- Current Vic Manual Driver licence
- Medium Rigid Driver Licence preferable not mandatory
In return we offer:
- $100K including vehicle plus super
- The job security that comes with our list of long-term contracts
- The chance to make an impact in a rapidly expanding company
- The opportunity to further develop your skills in a strong, supportive environment
- A workplace that focuses on safety first
- A company with a culture of teamwork and respect
Citywide is an equal opportunities employer, we invite applications from all backgrounds
How to apply:
Send your CV and cover letter detailing how your experience fits our requirement through our website http://www.citywide.com.au/careers
A full driver’s licence and good driving record is essential. Reference checks, driver demerit check, police check and medical, including drug and alcohol testing are all pre-employment requirements for Citywide. The successful candidate will be subject to a licence check and pre-employment medical prior to placement. As a Citywide team member you will have an ingrained safety ethic and use safe work practices and promote safety in the workplace as a core value.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. No (search) fee will be paid in the event we hire a candidate whose resume is submitted by an employment agency to any of our employees without a valid written recruitment agreement. Such resumes shall be deemed the sole property of Citywide.
*Please note only successful applications will be contacted.*
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend