Civil Infrastructure Team Member
Job no: 494171
Work type: Full time
Location: Melbourne - Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
Categories: Trades and Services, Engineering, Construction
Civil Infrastructure Team Member
The position involves general labour performing road maintenance and minor concrete works. You will be working in small teams to help remove and re-install concrete and asphalt paving - boxing of timber plinth to paths, screeding, trowelling, working on roads, working around heavy machinery, general manual labour activities.
Primary tasks include, but not limited to:
- Operate/maintain various vehicles, plant and equipment (tippers, loaders, skidsteer, rollers, hand tools, crane trucks, flocons, jack hammers, etc.) as required and with the appropriate licence.
- Ensure the correct equipment is safely and securely prepared and loaded each day and roadworthiness checked through pre-start checks.
- Drive all vehicles in a safe and professional manner.
- Ensure site compliance by setting up appropriate barricades and signs to maintain traffic control.
- Perform activities relating to civil construction for footpaths, roadways, drainage (this may include manual labour)
- Inspect and clean pit (using appropriate safe method)
- Complete daily schedules and /or work sheet for invoicing/monitoring purposes
- Inform Team Leader of customers affected by upcoming works.
- Complete accurate daily and OH&S reporting as required.
- Inform Team Leader of low stock levels (raw materials) as required.
- Respond to emergency call-outs, the general public, customers & relevant team member as required.
What do you need to be successful for this role?
- Civil infrastructure maintenance experience
- Some experience in footpath reconstruction is desirable.
- Plant & Equipment experience also desirable.
- Good knowledge and experience with hand and power tools
- Being a team player and being involved in the business
- Advising of business improvements and initiatives to assist both ourselves and providing our customers with Best Value.
- As a Citywide team member you will have ingrained safety ethic and use safe work practices and promote safety in the workplace as a core value.
- White Induction Card
- Traffic Control Card
- MR/HR License
- Bob cat License
- Electrical Spotters
- Crane operator competency
Citywide is a company with a clear purpose and mission – we shape liveable cities by delivering the full scope of civil infrastructure, open space and environmental services to government and private enterprise. Collectively, our services positively impact more than 12 million Australians every day.
We believe What We Do Matters to the communities we serve. We are dedicated to shaping liveable cities and communities. Our teams are passionate about the environments in which they work in. We care about the communities we serve. We are motivated by the desire to deliver what the community and our customers expect. We value the connection, the mate ship and the trust we build with each other.
For more information about Citywide we invite you to visit our website at www.citywide.com.au
How to apply:
Click the APPLY button now!!!
Alternatively, You can also email Catherine directly with your resume and cover letter on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +61 3 9257 5426 to apply today.
A full drivers licence and good driving record is essential. COVID-19 Vaccine Verification, Reference checks, Driver Demerit Check, Police Check and Medical, including Drug and Alcohol testing are all pre-employment requirements for Citywide.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. No (search) fee will be paid in the event we hire a candidate whose resume is submitted by an employment agency to any of our employees without a valid written recruitment agreement. Such resumes shall be deemed the sole property of Citywide.
Citywide is an equal opportunities employer, we invite applications from all backgrounds.
*Only successful applications will be contacted.*
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend