Job no: 494192
Work type: Full time
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner Suburbs
Categories: Trades and Services
Citywide is a company with a clear purpose and mission – we shape liveable cities for more than 12 million people in communities along Australia’s eastern seaboard. We manage and maintain all aspects of civic amenity, assets and infrastructure for government and private enterprise customers, to the benefit of the host communities in which we work and whom we serve.
About the Role
Citywide is seeking a turf curator to join our operations based in Melton. This position at Citywide will see the successful applicant working outdoors in parks, gardens and street scapes.
This role will see the successful applicant prepare and maintain sports fields and training facilities to high standard across the Melton Council. You will be responsible for working in a team to ensure turf management including preparation and maintenance of sports fields to exceed client expectations. As part of this role you will be required to operate tractors, scarifies, mowers, brush cutters and all related equipment. You will also be required to undertake cyclic programs as required such as turf renovation and weed control.
- Current HR Licence
- Turf Management Qualification
- Front End Loader
- Tertiary Qualification
- Experience in a similar Turf/Green Keeping Role
- Previous experience operating and maintaining ground maintenance machinery
- Current Manual Driver’s licence
- Knowledge of herbicide application techniques
- Irrigation knowledge
- Ability to work in a team or autonomously
- Knowledge and appreciation of OH&S
- The ability to place customers, clients and members of the general public at the core of what you do
In return we offer:
- The job security that comes with our list of long-term contracts
- The chance to make an impact in a rapidly expanding company
- The opportunity to further develop your skills in a strong, supportive environment
- A workplace that focuses on safety first
- A company with a culture of teamwork and respect
Citywide is an equal opportunities employer, we invite applications from all backgrounds
How to apply:
Send your CV and cover letter detailing how your experience fits our requirement through our website http://www.citywide.com.au/careers
A full drivers licence and good driving record is essential. Reference checks, driver demerit check, police check and medical, including drug and alcohol testing are all pre-employment requirements for Citywide.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. No (search) fee will be paid in the event we hire a candidate whose resume is submitted by an employment agency to any of our employees without a valid written recruitment agreement. Such resumes shall be deemed the sole property of Citywide.
*Please note only successful applications will be contacted.*
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend