Operations Supervisor - Melton
Job no: 494200
Work type: Full time
Location: Melbourne - Western Suburbs
Categories: Trades and Services
Citywide provides physical services in the areas of Civil Infrastructure, Open Space and Environmental Services to both government and private companies. People, Relationships, Innovation, Service Performance and the Environment are the values that shape our company culture. We have contract opportunities that will motivate you, people that will support you and training to develop you.
Citywide are looking for an outstanding and committed Operations Supervisor to manage a Civil Infrastructure Services Team based in the Western Suburbs of Melbourne. The successful applicant will be responsible for the smooth delivery of maintenance services to Municipal Infrastructure assets in rapidly growing municipality.
In this role you will lead a large and competent team to deliver quality service outcomes safely, on time and cost effectively. You will foster a spirit of ownership, pride and ‘going the extra step’ to meet client expectations. To be successful in this role you will bring previous experience in operations management in a related field and be looking to pursue long term career growth.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Accountable for the safe operation of all aspects of the business unit , and to contribute towards safety initiatives throughout the business;
- Ensure contract works are performed to the required safety and quality standards, through both scheduled and non-scheduled site checks to ensure compliance with policies & procedures;
- Build the Citywide brand relationship with clients as one of trust, understanding and service;
- Develop and lead a high performing team, ensuring all employee issues are addressed and actioned in a timely manner;
- Manage the financial aspects of the business unit, including development of an annual budget, identification of capital requirements and approval of purchases;
- Ensuring that costs and revenue are managed in accordance with the budget;
- Optimal scheduling of people and assets;
- Analyse and report on contract performance and outcomes;
- Review incidents/near misses in accordance with safety procedures;
- Extensive experience in leading and developing a team
- Background in Civil Engineering would be beneficial
- An ingrained safety ethic ensuring the use of safe work practices and the promotion of safety in the workplace as a core value
- Extensive experience in Civil infrastructure maintenance with a proven track record of utilising data management systems
- Experience in preparing operating plans and budgets, and reporting.
- Proven ability to build relationships with customers
- Good communication skills and the ability to work within a team
- Ability to work autonomously, organise, plan and manage time effectively
- Knowledge of IR, OH&S and Environmental Legislation
- Current Victorian Drivers License
- Proven management experience at operational level
Knowledge of IR, OH&S and Environmental Legislation
How to apply:
Send your CV and cover letter detailing how your experience fits our requirement through our website
A full driver’s licence and good driving record is essential. Reference checks, driver demerit check, police check and medical, including drug and alcohol testing are all pre-employment requirements for Citywide. The successful candidate will be subject to a licence check and pre-employment medical prior to placement. As a Citywide team member you will have an ingrained safety ethic and use safe work practices and promote safety in the workplace as a core value.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. No (search) fee will be paid in the event we hire a candidate whose resume is submitted by an employment agency to any of our employees without a valid written recruitment agreement. Such resumes shall be deemed the sole property of Citywide.
*Please note only successful applications will be contacted.*
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend