Waste Team Member - South Melbourne Market
Job no: 494247
Work type: Casual
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner Suburbs
Categories: Trades and Services
Citywide is a company with a clear purpose and mission – we shape liveable cities for more than 12 million people in communities along Australia’s eastern seaboard. We manage and maintain all aspects of civic amenity, assets and infrastructure for government and private enterprise customers, to the benefit of the host communities in which we work and whom we serve.
About the Role
The primary purpose of this position is to work in a safe, efficient and effective manner whilst ensuring the collection of waste and recyclable materials and maintain the cleanliness of client areas as per the contract requirements. The employee is to achieve this task by using the appropriate equipment assigned to them to service the Client. You will ensure that South Melbourne Market is provided with a safe and efficient service and will be responsible for delivering there tasks as per Citywide set standards, guidelines and SWMS. Accountability is to Self, Organisation, SMM & General Public. A Team member is to work safely at all times, perform work in a professional manner and to a quality appropriate to their skill level ensuring compliance with regulations, policies and procedures.
- Provision of cleaning and waste tasks in a team environment to ensure the timely delivery of services and client deliverables.
- Collecting all waste from bins and any on the ground and determining which waste channel material left for collection is to be directed
- Execute cleaning of surfaces across SMM in accordance with supervisors instruction to the highest level
- Observe and report issues that may impact on the service delivery. Work with the team leader on practical timely solutions
- Ensure public and back of house facilities are maintained (cleaned) to the highest standard
- Ensure waste is diverted to correct waste streams to minimise general waste and landfill
- Participate and contribute to waste contamination reduction initiatives to ensure standards are continually being raised
- Washing and maintenance of Citywide, SMM and third party equipment as directed
- Undertake all prescribed training provided by Citywide and external RTO’s;
- Ensuring compliance with regulation, policies and procedures;
- Ensure that duties carried out are done taking into account safety of co-workers, contractors and the public;
- Actively participate in the development of a culture based around values of teamwork, collaboration, and respect;
- Present for work fit for duties and free from the influence of alcohol / drugs;
- Participate in random Drug and Alcohol testing for all employees;
- Professional conduct in dealing with clients and the general public;
- Wear and keep clean clothing worn and all required PPE (supplied)
- Other duties as directed within the scope of your position.
The successful candidate will be subject to a licence check and pre-employment medical prior to placement. As a Citywide team member you will have ingrained safety ethic and use safe work practices and promote safety in the workplace as a core value.
Mandatory Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience operating cleaning equipment, high press washing unit
In return we offer:
- The job security that comes with our list of long-term contracts
- The chance to make an impact in a rapidly expanding company
- The opportunity to further develop your skills in a strong, supportive environment
- A workplace that focuses on safety first
- A company with a culture of teamwork and respect
How to apply:
Send your CV and cover letter detailing how your experience fits our requirement through our website http://www.citywide.com.au/careers
A full drivers licence and good driving record is essential. Reference checks, driver demerit check, police check and medical, including drug and alcohol testing are all pre-employment requirements for Citywide.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. No (search) fee will be paid in the event we hire a candidate whose resume is submitted by an employment agency to any of our employees without a valid written recruitment agreement. Such resumes shall be deemed the sole property of Citywide.
*Please note only successful applications will be contacted.*
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend