Corporate Finance Manager
Job no: 494255
Work type: Full time
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner Suburbs
Categories: Accounting & Finance
Corporate Finance Manager – 2IC to Group Financial Accountant
Lead the Finance team – 4 direct reports
Support the business as it grows through its next 5-year strategic growth plan
Citywide is a company with a clear purpose and mission: we are responsive and innovative; we provide essential civic services based on solutions built on knowledge and insights delivering quality service, seamlessly and sustainably.
We know communities thrive and prosper in clean, healthy, safe, sustainable and vibrant cities as our cities and communities grow.
About the Role
The primary purpose of the Corporate Finance Manager is responsible for providing effective leadership and guidance in managing the Corporate Finance team including the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions. The role will also provide support to the Group Financial Controller and step in as the 2IC when required.
You will effectively manage all aspects of Citywide’s corporate financial requirements (including AR and AP), instil a culture of continuous improvement and lead and mentor a small team.
- Provide timely, reliable and accurate financial information
- Monitor and report on the consolidated Group’s monthly financial performance through management reports, including cash flow and balance sheet analysis (including variance analysis);
- Draft the CFO and CoM reports for review by Financial Controller;
- Manage weekly cash flow forecast;
- Maintain and review the internal control environment (including compliance with policies and procedures);
- Manage CAPEX reporting and analysis (including fleet analysis);
- Review monthly journal entries (including accruals);
- Review Citywide’s annual Impairment modelling and assessment of Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC);
- Preparation and review of annual tax reconciliation;
- Review, preparation and lodgement of the FBT return;
- Manage and review monthly tax obligations including GST, BAS and Payroll Tax and Annual WorkCover return;
- Drive project work as required;Focus on continuous improvement;
- Drive the annual Citywide budgeting and forecasting process for all P&L, Balance sheet and cash flow requirements;
- Provide assistance with the annual business planning process;
- Leadership and development of a high performing team;
- Manage and conduct half-yearly and annual performance reviews;
- Develop initiatives to improve processes and identify efficiencies for the team;
- Improve the month end financial results integration of the newly acquired entities
- Join a diversified service-based business with a clear strategy and mandate for growth;
- Become part of a positive, can-do environment with the ability to influence outcomes;
- Autonomous position to develop a high performing financial team;
- Flexible working arrangement (during/post COVID19); and
- Located in North Melbourne.
Skills and Experience Required
- Degree qualified with ICAA or CPA membership;
- Big 4 audit background (preferable);
- Preference of ten-years industry experience in senior financial roles;
- Strong technical skills and commercial acumen (including financial modelling experience);
- A proven ability to lead high performing teams and a demonstrable track record of delivering results;
- Report writing skills (presentations) and BI platforms; and
- Acquisition (financial and/or commercial due diligence) experience.
The successful applicant will have:
- Attention to detail;
- Timeliness, adherence to deadlines;
- Comfortable engaging extensively outside of finance and across the organisation;
- Your astute commercial skills and ability to influence at all levels of the business will see you succeed in this challenging yet rewarding opportunity;
- A motivated and driven individual.
How to apply:
Send your CV and cover letter detailing how your experience fits our requirement through our website http://www.citywide.com.au/careers
A full drivers licence and good driving record is essential. Reference checks, driver demerit check, police check and medical, including drug and alcohol testing are all pre-employment requirements for Citywide.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. No (search) fee will be paid in the event we hire a candidate whose resume is submitted by an employment agency to any of our employees without a valid written recruitment agreement. Such resumes shall be deemed the sole property of Citywide.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend