Plant Operator – West Melbourne Location
Job no: 494256
Work type: Full time
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner Suburbs
Categories: Trades and Services
Citywide is a company with a clear purpose and mission – we shape liveable cities by delivering the full scope of civil infrastructure, open space and environmental services to government and private enterprise. Collectively, our services positively impact more than 12 million Australians every day.
About the Role:
The primary objective of this position is the day to day operation of the Dynon Rd facility which includes loading of waste into vehicles to be transported to landfills. The site processes a high volume of waste and operates 24 hours to provide a disposal point for commercial customers
Operations of Front End Loader and Excavator within Transfer Station operations.
Ensure compliance with all Citywide & NHVR Standards relating to Pre start checks, fatigue management & driver declarations.
Providing a high level of customer service to Citywide Client and the General Public
Safe driving and operation of vehicle in accordance with legislation
Ensure the Safety of self, team, Citywide Clients, and the general public at all times.
Prior to entering a Citywide vehicle, the driver must carry out all daily vehicle checks as per log book requirements.
Maintain vehicle cleanliness of onsite plant & trailers
All employees are required to work as a team and help each other out as required and appropriate.
- Driver to manage loads as per Citywide Vehicle overload policy & to tip loads at designated Landfills, Transfer Station.
- Perform your duties impartially, with professionalism, objectivity and integrity.
- Current Victorian Heavy Combination truck licence
- Front End Loader & Excavator ticket essential
- Current Victorian High Risk Forklift Licence – Preferred but not essential
- Background or demonstrated ability to understand heavy equipment (mechanical & electrical preferred)
- Available to work Public Holidays as required
- Available to work alternate shifts where required.
- Pro-Active & agile
- Committed and Flexible
- Knowledge of Workplace OH&S requirements
In return we offer:
- The job security that comes with our list of long-term contracts
- The chance to make an impact in a rapidly expanding company
- The opportunity to further develop your skills in a strong, supportive environment
- A workplace that focuses on safety first
- A company with a culture of teamwork and respect
Citywide is an equal opportunities employer, we invite applications from all backgrounds
How to apply:
Send your CV and cover letter detailing how your experience fits our requirement through our website http://www.citywide.com.au/careers.
A full driver’s licence and good driving record is essential. Reference checks, driver demerit check, police check and medical, including drug and alcohol testing are all pre-employment requirements for Citywide. The successful candidate will be subject to a licence check and pre-employment medical prior to placement. As a Citywide team member you will have an ingrained safety ethic and use safe work practices and promote safety in the workplace as a core value.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. No (search) fee will be paid in the event we hire a candidate whose resume is submitted by an employment agency to any of our employees without a valid written recruitment agreement. Such resumes shall be deemed the sole property of Citywide.
*Please note only successful applications will be contacted.*
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend