Horticulturalist Crew Leader
Job no: 494284
Work type: Full time
Location: All Canberra ACT
Categories: Trades and Services
Horticulturalist Crew Leader
Citywide are currently recruiting experienced Qualified Horticulturalists with good experience in leading a team and maintaining large open space areas, parks and gardens within Canberra region.
When you join the supportive Open Space team at Citywide as Horticulturalist you can expect:
- Full-time hours/ 38 hours per week.
- Competitive hourly rate + 10% Superannuation and other benefits.
- Be able to grow and develop as a leader your teams can trust.
- Having the opportunity to make a positive difference to the lives of your team members and community.
What does the role look like?
Citywide is responsible for maintaining the grounds around and in the Parliamentary Triangle. This includes large areas of public green space and nationally significant assets such as Anzac Parade including the memorials, Commonwealth and Kings Parks, the Parliamentary Zone (including the Old Parliament House Rose Gardens) and areas surrounding Lake Burley Griffin.
For more information about Citywide we invite you to visit our website at www.citywide.com.au
- Day to day supervision of a small horticulture maintenance team assigned to you.
- Undertake horticultural task including, mowing, edging, spraying, hedging, planting, pruning, mulching, blowing of paths etc.
- Accurate daily reporting of performance against set schedules.
- Coordination of all operational and day to day activities of their assigned team in accordance with work schedules of the team.
- Escalate any safety, operational or employee issue to your supervisor.
- Observe and report broader issues that may impact on the service delivery.
- Undertake and record daily worksite assessments. (Onsite audit checklist, HAC sheets, Quality of works & OH&S compliance).
- Ensure that duties carried out are done taking into account safety of employees, contractors and the public.
- Record keeping including updating and using Citywide systems, and or the client systems as appropriate.
To be successful in the role, you must have:
- Certificate III in Horticulture or similar
- 3-5 years' experience public grounds maintenance preferred
- Experience in leading a small team of at least 5+ people
- White Card and Chemcert or similar
- Driver Licence essential, MR Desired
- Good understanding and knowledge OH&S policies and practices
Citywide also currently have positions/opportunities available for the following :
How to apply for Horticulturalist Crew Leader?
Click the APPLY button
Alternatively, You can also email Catherine directly with your resume and cover letter on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +61 3 9257 5426 to apply today.
A full drivers licence and good driving record is essential. COVID-19 Vaccine Verification, Reference checks, Driver Demerit Check, Police Check and Medical, including Drug and Alcohol testing are all pre-employment requirements for Citywide.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. No (search) fee will be paid in the event we hire a candidate whose resume is submitted by an employment agency to any of our employees without a valid written recruitment agreement. Such resumes shall be deemed the sole property of Citywide.
Citywide is an equal opportunities employer, we invite applications from all backgrounds.
*Only successful applications will be contacted.*
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend