LGA Project Coordinator HSEQ
Job no: 494498
Work type: Full time
Location: Melbourne - Northern Suburbs
Categories: Trades and Services
Citywide is seeking an experienced construction worker with a keen interest in managing work place health and safety across our Local Government Civil Contract sites.
About the role
In this role you will be required to ensure all HSEQ related systems and processes have been established for each worksite and will work closely with the project leaders to ensure the highest standard of safety is maintained from commencement to completion of all projects.
While some formal OHS training would be advantageous, Citywide is prepared to provide you with access to our safety internship, where you will obtain a Cert IV OHS and be mentored and supported by a highly experienced team of safety professionals.
Reporting to the Manager of the LGA Capital projects Team, you will also align closely to the HSEQ function attending regular meetings and workshops to further develop your skills and understand how we ensure Safety for Everybody, Everyday at Citywide.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Carry out HSE inspections both at depots and in the field
- Participate in Internal and External Audits
- Develop and assist with compliance to Safety Alerts
- Attend and participate in Toolbox and HSR Committee meetings
- Manage Critical Training Matrix
- Conduct Emergency Drills and coordinate equipment checks
As a successful applicant you will have:
- Cert IV/Diploma in OHS (desirable however we will train the right candidate)
- Demonstrated understanding of WHS legislation (desirable)
- Current Drivers Licence
- Great communication skills with the ability to provide advice and instruction to a range of workers, supervisors and managers across the business
- A passion for influencing a proactive and positive safety culture at Citywide
- A willingness to learn and engage in professional development training
- A passion for sharing your expertise to drive practical safety solutions in the field
- A positive attitude with an ability to be responsive, adaptable and flexible as the business requires
In return we offer:
- The job security that comes with our list of long-term contracts
- The chance to make an impact in a rapidly expanding company
- The opportunity to further develop your skills in a strong, supportive environment
- A workplace that focuses on safety first
- A company with a culture of teamwork and respect
At Citywide, we are a proud company with a clear purpose and mission – we shape liveable cities by delivering the full scope of civil infrastructure, open space and environmental services to government and private enterprise. Collectively, our services positively impact more than 12 million Australians every day.
How to apply
Click the APPLY button now!
Alternatively, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
A full drivers licence and good driving record is essential. COVID-19 Vaccine Verification, Reference checks, Driver Demerit Check, Police Check and Medical, including Drug and Alcohol testing are all pre-employment requirements for Citywide.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. No (search) fee will be paid in the event we hire a candidate whose resume is submitted by an employment agency to any of our employees without a valid written recruitment agreement. Such resumes shall be deemed the sole property of Citywide.
Citywide is an equal opportunities employer, we invite applications from all backgrounds.
*Only successful applications will be contacted*
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend