Assistant Corporate Accountant
Job no: 494501
Work type: Full time
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner Suburbs
Categories: Accounting & Finance
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Corporate Accountant to join the Citywide Finance team. In this role, you will be assisting the Corporate Finance Manager and Group Financial Controller with the completion of the monthly and statutory financial requirements of the business.
This opportunity would suit someone who is currently studying for, or has completed their CPA or CA qualifications.
At Citywide, we are a proud company with a clear purpose and mission – we shape liveable cities by delivering the full scope of civil infrastructure, open space and environmental services to government and private enterprise. Collectively, our services positively impact more than 12 million Australians every day.
Primary responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Managing daily bank reconciliations and liaising with the AP and AR team
- Preparation of EOM journal entries (including accruals, prepayments, payroll, etc.)
- Preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of the consolidated Group’s monthly financial performance
- Preparation of monthly tax obligations including GST, BAS and Payroll Tax and Annual Workcover return
- Preparation of returns including TPAR and Payment Times Reporting
- Assisting in the preparation of the weekly cash flow forecast
- Assisting in analysis and commentary for the Corporate division including monthly meetings with Corporate managers
- Assisting in the preparation of the Corporate division budgets
- Providing assistance with the annual budgeting and business planning process
- Assisting with preparation of the annual financial report and audits
- Assisting with project work and ad-hoc reporting as required
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Accounting Degree with a at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Currently studying towards or completed CPA or CA
- Proficient in MS Office and able to pick up new ERP systems
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to effectively communicate with stakeholders across the business
- Strong work ethic with the drive to succeed and contribute to the business
In return we offer:
- The job security that comes with our list of long-term contracts
- The chance to make an impact in a rapidly expanding company
- The opportunity to further develop your skills in a strong, supportive environment
- A workplace that focuses on safety first
- A company with a culture of teamwork and respect
How to apply
Click the APPLY button now!
Alternatively, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
A full drivers licence and good driving record is essential. COVID-19 Vaccine Verification, Reference checks, Driver Demerit Check, Police Check and Medical, including Drug and Alcohol testing are all pre-employment requirements for Citywide.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. No (search) fee will be paid in the event we hire a candidate whose resume is submitted by an employment agency to any of our employees without a valid written recruitment agreement. Such resumes shall be deemed the sole property of Citywide.
Citywide is an equal opportunities employer, we invite applications from all backgrounds.
*Only successful applications will be contacted*
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend